We wish for everyone to have a safe, fair and pleasant experience in our libraries. Our policies are applicable to both branches.
So that all may have a safe, fair, and pleasant opportunity to patronize the public libraries in Perry County, please observe the following while in the library:
- No smoking or using tobacco products, including electronic cigarettes
- The library is not responsible for personal belongings of patrons
- Mute electronic devices
- Appropriate dress (shirts are required, wet bathing suits are prohibited)
- No soliciting, petitioning, distributing written materials, or canvassing for political, charitable, or religious purposes
- No soliciting of library patrons or staff for money, items, or services
- Any behavior which is disruptive or which hinders others’ use of the facilities or library staffs’ ability to do their jobs is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to:
o Refusing to comply with library staff requests
o Displaying text or graphics which are sexually explicit, pornographic, obscene or offensive
o Using threatening or obscene language or gestures
o Harassing or threatening other patrons or library employees to annoy, intimidate, cause fear or provoke violence
o Verbal, physical, or sexual harassment of patrons or staff
o Accessing library staff areas without permission
o Damaging, destroying, or tampering with library property
o Public intoxication
o Criminal acts, including illegal use of drugs.
Patrons who violate any of these guidelines will be given notice of this policy. A violation may result in a patron’s suspension of library privileges, permanent expulsion from the library, or criminal prosecution or other legal action, as appropriate.